Hardware: We provide hardware training. This course delivers an overview of common hardware configurations, DOS, Windows operating systems, basic hardware trouble-shooting, and working on a networked PC.
1. Learn basic hardware vocabulary and the functionality of basic PC hardware components.
2. Learn the major tasks of DOS and Windows operating systems with respect to the hardware.
3. Learn how to install basic internal hardware components such as motherboards, sound cards, etc.
4. Learn how to connect basic external components of a computer system such as the monitor, printer, keyboard, etc.
5. Learn how to detect common failures in the system, and identify them as being in the hardware or the software.
6. Learn how to fix common errors.
7. Learn where to research hardware problems and Learning outcomes
At the conclusion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
1. Functions of System Modules: system board, power supply, processor/CPU, memory, storage devices, monitor, modem, input devices, output devices, BIOS, CMOS
2. Adding and Removing Field Replaceable Modules such as cables, connectors, IDE/EIDE devices, SCSI devices, BIOS.
3. Diagnosing symptoms and problems with memory, input devices, storage devices, external devices, and other system components.
4. Safety and preventative maintenance such as cleaning, determining wear and tear, power issues, disposal procedures.
5. Learning more about motherboards, processors, and memory: CPU, RAM, types of motherboards.
6. Learning about printer operation, types, and connectivity
7. Learn about basic networking concepts such as cabling, interface cards, protocols, problems etc.
8. Learning about how to satisfy the customer